© Copyright 2013 All Rights Reserved
The Rugby Football League Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 3845473.
The registered address is Red Hall, Red Hall Lane, Leeds, LS17 8NB.
The VAT Registration Number of The Rugby Football League Limited is 168 8110 49.
Code of Conduct
Everyone in Rugby League has a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the game.
Rugby League prides itself on being a familty game, which prioritises creating a safe, inclusive and respectful environment for all to enjoy and achieve their full potential.
Unacceptable behaviour we want to end includes:
- Abuse of match officials
- Sexism and homophobia
- Poor touchline behaviour of over competitive parents, spectators and coaches
The positive behaviour we want to encourage centres on the benefits the player gets from the game:
- Fun and enjoyment
- Health and fitness
A coach is an important role model and has the biggest single impact on a player's experience of the game.
This code of conduct provides a framework and an opportunity for you to ensure all players have a positive and enjoyable playing experience.
On and off the field I will:
- Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, players, coaches, managers, parents, RFL staff and spectators
- Adhere to the playing laws, operational rules and spirit of the game
- Promote and adhere to RESPECT and Tackle It!
- Demonstrate high standards of coaching and personal behaviour
- Always respect the match official's decision
- Never engage in public criticism of the match officials
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour
- Adhere to Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Vulnerable Groups guidelines
When working with players I will:
- Place the physical and mental well-being, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything, including winning ensuring every player has an equal opportunity to take part in training and matches, within the rules of the playing competition
- Explain exactly what I expect of players and what they can expect from me
- Ensure all parents/carers of all players under the age of 18 understand these expectations
- Never engage in or tolerate any form of bullying
- Develop mutual trust and respect with every player to build their self-esteem
- Respect and value the diversity of your players and endeavour to meet their individual needs
- Encourage each player to accept responsibility for their own behaviours and performance
- Ensure all activities and practices that I organise are appropriate for the player's ability, age and maturity to make the experience of players as enjoyable as possible
- Co-operate with other in Rugby League (eg. officials, RFL staff, club staff) to ensure the best interests of the players are met
I understand that if I do not follow the code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my Club, League or the RFL:
- Required to apologise
- Required to meet with club, league or RFL staff
- Monitored by another coach
- Required to attend an RFL education course(s)
- Suspended by the club from attending matches/training sessions
- Suspended or fined by the league
- Required to leave the club
- Removal of coach licence to practice by the RFL including the removal of insurance cover
- Any memberships of benefits may be withdrawn
I have read, understood and agree to abide by the terms of the RFL Coach Code of Conduct and that this forms part of the RFL Coach Licence scheme.
I understand that failure to adhere to the Code of Conduct may result in further action being taken against me and the removal of my coach licence.